Where can I get help developing a prescribed fire plan?

There are numerous private organizations as well as state and federal agencies that may be willing to assist landowners with writing prescribed fire plans. For example, check with the local county Cooperative Extension office, state forestry department, state wildlife or conservation department, the regional Natural Resource Conservation Service office, or a local, state or national conservation group. There are also many well qualified private consultants that can provide custom made prescribed fire plans to fit any situation. Check with your state prescribed fire council for additional guidance (Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils).